eLearning at South Central
Scheduled eLearning days for the 2020-2021 school year will be November 3, 2020 and February 15, 2021.
- What is eLearning?
- SC eLearning slidehow presentation
- Procedures/information for parents & students
- Chromebook insurance options
- South Central parking lot Wi-Fi access
Canvas on Mobile Devices
The following links provide instructions on how to access our Canvas site from your mobile device:
Our institution's Canvas URL for students is scentral.instructure.com
Username and password is the same as your Chromebook login, including the @scentral.k12.in.us.
Canvas Account for Parents
Parents can sign up as an observer in Canvas. Observers can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content. The following links will help with setting this up:
Your student will need to first generate a pairing code to link to your observer account:
Create your observer account and add student pairing codes:
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent?
- How do I link additional students to my user account as an observer?
Our institution's Canvas URL for parents is scentral.instructure.com/login/canvas
You will use this website to create and sign in to your Canvas observer account. You will not use the same URL that students use.
eLearning Day Surveys
The following surveys will open after each scheduled eLearning day. Thank you for your input!
If you're experiencing any technical issues during an eLearning day, please contact us at eLearningHelp@scentral.k12.in.us and we will reach out as soon as possible.
If you're experiencing any technical issues during an eLearning day, please contact us at eLearningHelp@scentral.k12.in.us and we will reach out as soon as possible. The following documents and videos may help for common issues:
- Accessing SC Web Bookmarks in Google Chrome (video)
- Check for Updates on a Chromebook
- Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Chromebook Tips and Answers
- Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi
- Download Data from your South Central Google Account (video)
- Google Drive Tips and Answers
- Remove a User Account from a Chromebook (video)
- Reset Google Chrome to Default Settings (video)
- Reset Site Permissions in Google Chrome (video)
- Set up a Printer on a Chromebook
- Taking Screenshots on a Chromebook
- 1:1 Technology
- 1:1 Technology - 5th & 6th Grade
- 1:1 Technology - Jr. & Sr. High School
- 2019-2020 Chromebook Q&A's
- 2019-2020 Technology Handbook
- Chromebook Insurance Options
- eLearning Flyer
- Elem Elearning Slide Presentation
- SC's Pitch for 1:1 Technology
- South Central Parking Lot Wi-Fi Access
- Technology Responsible Use Agreement
Follow us for updates and news regarding technology at South Central!