Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
- All students must be dropped off in the back of the school in the lane closest to the school.
- No students should be crossing in front of cars.
- Students may be dropped off beginning at 7:00am. Please do not drop off students earlier as there is no adult supervision.
- All cars exiting the back parking lot in the morning need to exit using the north exit only. U-turns in the back parking lot are not permitted.
- For afternoon car line pick-up, you must display the official South Central Elementary car sign that has been provided to you.
- Please stay in your car during afternoon pick-up. Parking in the parking spaces and walking across to pick up your child will not be allowed.
- Car signs must be visible on the passenger side, either on the vehicle dashboard or the sun visor.
- It is very important that you keep these car signs in a secure place. Car signs must be obtained from the elementary office and include the student's last name.
- Anyone without a car sign will be required to appear at the office and present photo identification. The school must have received a call/note from the parent/guardian providing permission for the student to be released (if it is not with the parent/guardian).
- If you have lost your car sign or need additional ones, please visit the office to get a new one. They will be provided at a cost of $1.00 each. Everyone who needs a car sign will initially receive two.
- Please do not pull ahead of the car line or park in a space. Students will not be allowed to go across traffic in order to get into a car. Please stay in the line for pick-up.
- Make sure transportation arrangements have been made before your child arrives at school. Written notification from home or a phone call to school will be required in order to change afternoon transportation arrangements. You must contact the office prior to 1:00pm if you need to change afternoon transportation.
- Due to the number of car riders at the end of the school day, we are asking that if your child needs assistance being buckled in, please have your student get in the vehicle and pull forward. This will allow the line to continue to move.
- Afternoon pick-up time begins at 2:45pm (2:40pm on Fridays). Please be prompt when picking up your child.